Sunday, February 6, 2011

February: Urban Vintage

A little while ago at an antique store I came across a truly amazing discovery: A VINTAGE PETTICOAT!!! Of course, I just had to buy it, and now it is my most prized possession. Here is how I rock the petticoat

Shirt: I like to tuck in a shirt to the petticoat to accentuate my waist, the skinniest part of my body. Keep the shirt simple,like a black or neutral v-neck. That way the petticoat gets all the attention!

Bottoms: I wear tights or jeggings (jean leggings :P) underneath the skirt. I like to use the tights as an excuse to add a  color; it gives the outfit a quirky appeal and acts as an eye-catcher. I would wear my burgundy tights.

Accessories: I would  pile on pearls, my new pocket-watch necklace, and add some funky modern rings or bracelets. TREND ALERT: colorful finger nails! Cobalt blue, bright red, emerald green, yellow, etc. They add a pop of color to any outfit and will definitely give you look a personality of it's own!

Shoes: I think that simple and comfy shoes are the way to go when you have such a fancy skirt. I would wear my burlap TOMS (of course) or a pair of ballet flats.

Hair: Twist hair into a bun at the top of your head, then add some sparkly or pearl-y (?) hair clips and bobby pins. They say, "Look how cute the hair I am holding looks!".

Here's how my look turned out! :

*not even wearing shoes in the picture...oops!

Comment with questions or other ideas of how to rock the petticoat!

3 comments:

  1. I love those tights.. where did you get them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got those tights at Forever 21, but they have them at many other stores; Target,...okay well thast's actually all I can think of. :) But yes, I love them too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I WANT YOUR PETTICOAT! GIVE IT TO ME NOW OR I WILL GO IN HOUR HOUSE AND EAT YOUR PUPPIES BRAINS!!!!!!!!!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!

    ReplyDelete