Thursday, January 20, 2011

January: School Look

Hello readers! :) Lately people have been saying that I dress fancy everyday, which is true for most of the week, and have asked me to show a comfortable and casual school look on the blog. So here is what I see as being a cute and casual for school:

What to wear: I would wear solid colored jacket with a fun shirt underneath it. For instance, I have paired together a red corduroy jacket and a floral thermal. Not only will you stay warm, but your outfit will be noticed because of the bright solid jacket and the interesting shirt underneath it. For the bottoms I would suggest comfortable jeans. Depending on what color the shirts are, the jeans can be a dark or light wash :For instance: A bright shirt would stand out with darker jeans, but a darker and warmer shirt would stand out against light jeans. For shoes I would say cute and short high heels :) , but you could also wear comfortable slip-ons like TOMS.

Hair: I would put my hair up in a messy bun on the top of my head. This says, "I just woke up, but still look awesome."
TIP: Put the bun on the side of you head for a funky style!

 Make-up: For school I always like to go neutral, but with a little pop of color in the eyes. So I would do glossy lips, a silvery-gray lid, and a fun and rich color lining the bottom of the lid. Purple's look good with blue and green eyes, pink's look good with brown eyes,but honestly you could do any color and still rock it.
 Here's how my look turned out :

Comment with questions, or your ideas for a great school look!

2 comments:

  1. I love the hair that says I-just-woke-up-but-I-look-awesome, its one of my favorites. You're rocking the look.

    My only complaint is that I can't see what shoes you're wearing by the picture--I feel like I'm totally missing out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nissa: I am wearing my burlap TOMS. I am glad you like my , I-just-woke-up-but-I-look-awesome hair. I hear you're really good at rocking it.

    ReplyDelete